Monday, February 23, 2015

NWI Comic Con



 Where to begin? Ok. For you fine readers that don't personally know me, I am a geek at heart. A fangirl. I love Doctor Who (see my wedding blog), Star Wars, Marvel, Star Trek, and Harry Potter. Just to name a few. The first photo (above) is one that my husband took of me. What can I say? I love Han. lol. My husband has a blog as well, with ComicCon coverage, here is the link if you'd like to check it out.

So when Northwest Indiana introduced it's own comic con, I was there! Unfortunately, I missed out on the first one last year, but that'll never happen again, lol. It's pretty special. Very affordable for families, tickets this year were just $8. It was crazy packed, and I believe that will continue in the years to come. They had a lot of talented artists, cos play competitions, a game room, and a live F/X demonstration by Scott Mitchell. He created my favorite childhood villain, The Goblin. I kept returning throughout the day to watch the progress, as you'll see in my photos. This is also the most photos I've put in a blog thus far. So I won't write much more, if anything. I think the photos pretty much speak for themselves.












                                       





                     I want her jersey. That is all.



This booth had some pretty cool leather books and other handmade goods. Abbots Hollow Studios

 Also some pretty neat stuff from BabyManna for the cool babies.

An amazing and unique artist that my husband knows, Chris Guzman. He painted BobaFett on that glove and is having him pose for a photo with it. Check out his Facebook page here.

                     




                   LOVE the steampunk. 























 This costume, and the Green Goblin costume (seen later in the blog) were made by the amazing Gabby Leithsceal. Incredible work. This is her daughter in the costume. 

 Scott Mitchell getting started on the Green Goblin. 



 Super nice, and talented, artist, Stephen Bryant.

 And they keep coming....



                 




        One word, or is it two? MultiPass. The other thing I love about this photo, the guys behind her. lmao

Still coming.....







 She had some really cool pieces. Loved her outfit too. Check out some of her art here







 This little girl was AMAZING. Fantastic HellGirl cosplay. Parenting done RIGHT!




















All the kids cosplay contestants....



 My vote for cutest costume :-)






 Careful. Agent Carter's in the house.







 A little more Goblin progress..

 Cosplay judges. From left to right (hope I have this right) Jessica Cwik (Fandom Tandem), Lauren Faits (Geek Girl Chicago), Sidney Vons (We Are Cosplay), and James T Wulfga (CosAwesome Studios). 





































 I don't usually shoot this much, but I'm amazed by the work of F/X artists. 















 These are a few model pieces of Scott Mitchell's that were displayed.







 Another cutie. Gotta love baby Yoda. 



I love that Barf was the host of the festivies....
This was the conga line for cosplayers not in the cosplay contest to show off their skills. 







I love the little girl to the left. lol



















  Fitting the Green Goblin in his costume....



 The man that made it all possible, Brian Grabinski

















































 Looking for Spiderman Tweets?











The amount of detail in the costume and make up was amazing!















HellGirl had a long day, but she wasn't done yet...



 Was pretty cool to see a Jay & Silent Bob. 



Teen cosplay winners.



 Adult cosplay winners. GIRLS RULE!!!

 LOVED her LOKI!!!

 HellGirl was back, with an award. Taking on the BIG kids!! 

























         Awesome R2D2!!! Really cute!!






Foe even more Comic Con, check out these links:




** ALL photos on this blog are property of Christi Bushby, copyrighted and protected as such by law. Please see my copyright page for details and/or permissions of use. 









1 comment: