Friday, January 8, 2016

Jack's for Diane Benefit


First of all, I wish to apologize for the length of time it took for me to get this blog up. The benefit being just before the holidays, and I had my first solo photo exhibition that I had to prepare. I honestly had no idea how involved that would be. That being said... On with the blog!

When I agreed to photograph this benefit for my friend Mike Harle, I honestly had no idea who Diane was. I was reminded of the news story and what had happened to her. While I do not know her personally, I wish all the best, and so do a lot of other people. As you will see some of in the following photos. There have been several much needed benefits for her, its really wonderful how people can come together when one is in need. 

Mike Harle got this one organized with some of the finest musical talent in the region. He had some amazing help from great ladies with baskets for the raffles and with selling tickets for the raffles during the benefit! Mike would like to give those ladies a big shout out! Kathy Stasko, Kim Yercine, and Debbie McKinley did a ton, and helped Mike out a lot!! Several members of the Facebook group The Rock 'N Rollers were in attendance to show their support, I even saw the Queen Bee herself, Charlotte Friedlund, running around raffling off Christmas ornaments! 

Mike also wanted to thank Tom Lounges for promoting the benefit on his radio program and in the The Times newspaper. You can find a link to that article here. And the photo used for that just happens to be by my husband, Wesley Bushby! 

Normally, I would name off the musicians, but there were so many, and some I do not know (yet), that I wouldn't feel right just naming some. So I will just let you enjoy the photos, and say we all had a great time! Thank you so much to Mike, for the months of the work you did, and for no other reason than to help out someone in need. 



There were many great items that were raffled! 






So many wonderful musicians donated their time!




I was there early to photograph, and people were already arriving!















































This table included raffle items from top acts such as The Kinsey Report, Eddie Money, and Survivor!



 As talented as I am, I can't be in two places at once. My husband was there for a bit and took a few photos that are included in this blog. 




























































Arthur Allen did a great job 
with the sound!














Nobody got by these two! Scary mark and Marty Wagner!







Caught Chris Grove watching his 
beloved Steelers...









































































































Thank you for checking out my blog!
Support local music and the arts!!

"The earth without art is just eh..."

** ALL photos on this blog are property of Christi Bushby, copyrighted and protected as such by law. Please see my copyright page for details and/or permissions of use. 

Please feel free to share my blog! There are social media buttons on the bottom left for your convenience!





No comments:

Post a Comment