Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Frozen Lakefront...


Some friends of mine went to Whiting Lakefront Park and posted photos of all the ice on Facebook, so I thought it would be cool to go and photograph. It was cool alright, I lost the feeling in my legs!! I'm ok, but it was a very cold day. I think I see the purchase of snow pants in my future... lol
On a stormy day, the waves can be huge and come up into the park on the walkways. Well, we had that, and a deep freeze as well.. So this is what happens at the park. It gets so bad that they close off the parking lot. Parking is only available at the boat dock and then you have to walk over. It's not that far, but sure feels like it when the temps are in the teens, and the wind chill is below zero... I call the first photo (at the top), "Not a Problem".. Those rock look like they're alive and going to attack someone... lol..












The build up of ice became too heavy for several trees... 









There is a tree under this ice sculpture, another victim of the weight. You can see the top of the tree to the right...






















This area is quite away from the lake, there are two parking lots, along with the sidewalks and green areas between them. And as you can see, the water reach this far and froze. Walking around was hazardous, even with the recent snow cover. I ended up going to the hilltop path to walk back.




Here's another example of how far the water came in and froze. The equipment is surround by ice, and you can see the ice covered walkway rail in the distance.. The lake is beyond rocks on the other side of the rail..


The last photo is of Whihala Beach. I took this from my car. I like the way the broken ice looks like super big beach glass..



For information about Whiting Lakefront Park and Whihala Beach, 
the link is here.


** ALL photos on this blog are property of Christi Bushby, copyrighted and protected as such by law. Please see my copyright page for details and/or permissions of use. 


Please feel free to share my blog! There are social media buttons on the bottom left for your convenience!

Support local music and the arts!!



"The earth without art is just eh..."



No comments:

Post a Comment