Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Beatles in the Barn 2018


 Beatles in the Barn is held every year at the County Line Orchard in Hobart Indiana and benefits the Northwest Indiana Food Bank. A food donation is requested with entry, and all of the proceeds go towards the food bank. It's one of the most anticipated events of the year in NW Indiana! This event also sells out VERY quickly, so if you missed it this year, make sure to keep your eyes open for the next one! I heard this years show sold out faster than any of the others... And NEXT year is the 10th anniversary!!
This is an annual event that I love, even if I am sick. Yes, this year I wasn't feeling up to par, so I didn't run around as much with my camera. I did my best to get some shots though. I also took my dad for the first time. He's a major Beatles and Paul McCartney fan, and part of the reason I have such a love for them as well.. Needless to say, he wants to go again next year! At the end of the night he said, "I can say I've seen Paul McCartney (I took him to finally see Sir Paul this past summer), but this was BETTER!" 
For those of you that don't know, the music is provided by The Chris & Lou Band, The Crawpuppies, and The MegaBeatles (which is The Chris & Lou Band PLUS The Crawpuppies). Part of what makes this event so enjoyable is the musicians. Not only are they amazingly talented, but best of friends, and that shows throughout the night, as well as their love for the Beatles catalog of music.
Another lover of Beatles music is the owner of County Line Orchard, Tom Collins. He's a big part of the event, not only providing the venue year after year, but working as emcee and host, and joining in a song or two, along with his grand-kids. As a matter of fact, the show wouldn't be complete without them singing a song in their latest Beatles costumes! Last year, they donned Sgt. Peppers uniforms, this year, HELP! was the theme... I know everyone looks forward to seeing them!
A couple of other things people look forward to at the event is the guitar raffles and of course, DONUTS! But enough of my ramblings, take a peek at the photos and get a feel for the amazing night that is Beatles in the Barn....






And the doors are open!






Our host for the evening, Mr Tom Collins...


























Time to draw for guitars...






One of this years winners was everyone's friend and a fellow Rock N Roller...Michael Nowak! Congrats Michael!! 












































Last guitar drawing..




Tom sings a tune with a little help from his friends... 










You know it's a party when they break out the streamers and confetti!





























Please support the bands and venue! 
Links are provided below:

Chris & Lou

The Crawpuppies

Megabeatles

County Line Orchard
200 S. County Line Rd
Hobart In 46342



** ALL photos on this blog are property of Christi Bushby, copyrighted and protected as such by law. Please see my copyright page for details and/or permissions of use. 


Please feel free to share my blog! There are social media buttons on the bottom left for your convenience!

Support local music and the arts!!



"The earth without art is just eh..."





2 comments:

  1. Ahh...Christi, just when I think I’ve seen your absolute best work, you post another blog!
    These are phenomenal; especially your use of lighting. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with our music community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very well written and expertly crafted collage of the evenings' festivities My Friend Christi \/ ♡ :) always.

      Delete