Thursday, January 24, 2019

Megabeatles Benefit for Memorial Opera House











As some of you know, I have not been feeling my best lately, so I almost did not make it to this years benefit (and is also the reason my blog is a bit late).. But I'm so happy I did go. They were on fire this year (and they are already all very talented musicians)! Everything they did was spot on, and the harmonies were unbelievable!! 
This was the fifth year for the benefit (all the proceeds go to maintain The Memorial Opera House, a grand old lady in Valparaiso Indiana), and marks the 50th anniversary of the Abbey Road album. So the Megabeatles took on the challenge of playing Abbey Road in its entirety. And they hit the mark. When they did Because, I actually teared up a little. I was blown away. So much so, when I went to compliment them after the show, I said the wrong song title, lol..
Anyway, not feeling my best, I feel I was not as aggressive as I usually am in getting photos. So this year, I mostly concentrated on group shots. Which I still like doing because I feel you can get a sense of the friendship in this great group of human beings. Not only are they each talented musicians in their own way, but they are all awesome, down to earth, and fun, guys as well. 
So here are my shots from a fantastic evening of Beatles music, that always brings generations of fans together... 
(The evenings set list is at the end of this blog)


A few pre-show shots..









Last minute vocal rehearsals...


First up, The Chris & Lou band












Then we have The Crawpuppies









The opera house is known to have ghosts, 
 did Chad see one??






A couple of pre MegaBeatles photos ops... 






And lastly, the main event...
the MegaBeatles















































































I'm posting the next photos as a series, again, you can see the fun and friendship in this group. As a music fan, I feel that brings more to the experience. As a friend, it's good to know they have as much fun as we do..


















These last few are during the encores.. 








Set List
(of all three bands)

1. I’ll cry Instead
2. We Can Work it out
3. I feel Fine
4. Things We Said Today
5. And I Love Her
6. It Don’t Come Easy
7. I Need You
8. Twist and Shout
9. Ticket To Ride
10. You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away
11. Blackbird
12. I should Have Known Better
13. Can’t Buy Me Love
14. Day Tripper
15. Magical Mystery Tour
16. Yellow Submarine
17. This Boy
18. Hello Goodbye
19. Whatever Gets You Thru the Night
20. Live and Let Die
21. Lady Madonna
22. In My Life
23. And Your Bird Can Sing
24. Let Em In
25. Hey Jude
26. Back in the USSR
27. OB-LA-DI
28. BIRTHDAY
29. Get Back
30. Revolution
31. COMING UP

32. Come Together
33. Something
34. Maxwell’s Silver Hammer
35. Oh Darling
36. Octopuses Garden
37. I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
38. Here Comes the Sun
39. Because
40. You never give me your money
41. SUN KING
42. Mean Mr. Mustard/ Polythene Pam/She Came in Through the Bathroom Window
43. Golden Slumbers/ Carry that Weight/The End
44. Her Majesty

Encore
45. LET IT BE
46. ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

Encore #2
47. I Saw Her Standing There


As you can see, If you love the Beatles, and haven't been to see ANY or ALL of these bands, you're truly missing out on something special...

Memorial Opera House

Chris & Lou

The Crawpuppies

MegaBeatles





** ALL photos on this blog are property of Christi Bushby, copyrighted and protected as such by law. Please see my copyright page for details and/or permissions of use. 


Please feel free to share my blog! There are social media buttons on the bottom left for your convenience!

Support local music and the arts!!


"The earth without art is just eh.."




1 comment:

  1. These are absolutely phenomenal, Christi.
    I know you weren’t feeling well, but you definitely pushed through.
    You’re amazing...💗

    ReplyDelete