Tuesday, April 2, 2019

NWI Comic Con 2019


First, I must apologize for the length of time it took me to get this blog up. Life tends to be busy sometimes. That and I wasn't feeling to thrilled with my photos. Even photographers have off days, and I tend to be my own worst critic. So here we are, with a few decent photos of the day. 

That being said, I always enjoy the day when I go to NWI Comic Con. Brian, Kelly, and all of their volunteers work very hard for this great day of affordable family fun! and I usually end up spending way too much money on art, but I like to support the artistic community. So take a peek, if you will, because there is something for every one of us geeks. From art to collectibles, plus accessories and jewelry. And then there is the cosplay! It's always fun to cosplay and this is a great place and time to try it out and have fun with it. 









































In the following photos, the little cutie simply walked right across the stage. She wasn't stopping for anyone, lol..  


I can still here emcee Luis (check out his Facebook page, "Groovie Louie Land") saying "And there she goes.." lol














Did I mention I had an off day? Sorry about the closed eyes in the photo below, but her work is incredible. Everything you see is hand made and sewn by her. 
(The "Bad Wolf" purse became mine)






















And my personal favorite cosplay of the day was...




This year, Brian and Kelly received a special award from everyone involved with the con, simply because of who they are:  

 IN GRATEFUL RECOGNITION

WITHOUT YOU TWO
WE WOULDN'T BE 
ABLE TO NERD OUT
LIKE THIS

BRIAN AND KELLY
GRABINSKI

NWICC
2019








I usually take more cosplay contest photos, but another photographer set up lighting to take them during the contest (you can find his photos here), so I backed off this year. I did try to get a couple of photos of the winners though...




Visit my husbands blog of the con, 
with plenty more photos, here


Below is a link to the facebook page for


** ALL photos on this blog are property of Christi Bushby, copyrighted and protected as such by law. Please see my copyright page for details and/or permissions of use. 


Please feel free to share my blog! There are social media buttons on the bottom left for your convenience!

Support local music and the arts!!

"The earth without art is just eh..."


2 comments:

  1. That's me in the very last photo on the left....couldn't get enough of the Banana Splits and so many of my other favorites from that era lol Though I can't help it if I'm old-school, still had a BLAST like you wouldn't believe ☺��������

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I was leaving a "thumbs up" four times in my previous comment, don't know why they look like black diamond ink blots instead. Don't know and can't understand for the life of me what gives ��

    ReplyDelete