Thursday, October 16, 2014

Jam Night at the VIP Lounge

  Wednesday night was the inaugural Jam night at the V.I.P. Lounge in Griffith with my good friends Chris Karp and Aaron Hedges from The Crawpuppies (links provided at the bottom of this blog), as hosts. It was a great first night! 
 The first co-host guitarist was another good friend, Northwest Indiana's own Mark Rongers! I love to watch him play, he's so full of energy! Someone needs to figure out how to bottle and sell that! lol. I do apologize, I do not know the names of all the musicians that joined in the jam. If anyone wants to hit me up on Facebook, I would be happy to add their names.
 Several area musicians came out to play, and fun was had by all! How could we not have fun? There was music ♪♫♪♫ 
  So, as I try to do, I went to support my friends (and take photos, of course)....


 Mark, Chris, and Aaron


 There's a sample of that energy I mentioned!


Joining the trio, none other than Sonny Lee!








 Aaron Harris, jammin' some blues! All I can say is WOW!! Somehow, I never heard him play the blues before. No idea how I missed that!

 "Hacksaw" Hedges, on the low end...


Colin Peterson rockin' out!

 Aww man, Jerry Clemmons in the house!



 Marty Cohen sayin' Hi!




Diggin' that horn section!!



 The night was too short for my taste, but still a lot of fun, Jam night is from 9pm to 12pm. Every Wednesday. So if you're so inclined, join the jam, or just come out and support our local musicians. There is so much talent in Northwest Indiana, and a jam night is a good way to get a taste.







** ALL Photos on this blog are property of Christi Bushby, copyrighted and protected as such by law. Please see my copyright page for details and/or permissions of use.








No comments:

Post a Comment