Monday, October 6, 2014

Happily Ever After




As of October 4th, 2014, I am now and forever Christine Lee Bushby

 It's really rather surprising, even to myself. It all happened so quickly, if it was in the form of a photo, I would have had to pan to capture it. It's true, what they say; when you know, you just know. I was married once before, so long ago, but not for the right reason. Other attempted relationships followed, but at some point, sooner or later, there was that voice in the back of my head. You know the one, doubt. The one that tell you something isn't quite right. Not this time. 

 There was no doubt, no voice. I just knew. the minute I saw him at a benefit that I went to for a man named Calvin Belt. It was August 18th, 2013. It was love at first sight, but I didn't even know it then. Sometimes, you get to a point where your just done, and the romantic in me was, well, gone. At that time, I didn't believe in happily ever after. It was just in movies and fairy tales. My heart had had enough, it was pretty much on lock down. But a different little voice spoke up. It said "You HAVE to get to know him". Without even realizing why, I agreed. 
 (So I have to pause my story here and tell you, love at first sight does in fact exist. If a little voice or even just a feeling, speaks so loudly you can't ignore it, LISTEN.)
 I went to this benefit because The Steepwater Band. They are good friends of mine and I have been following them for years. Although recently, I haven't had the chance to see them much, for one reason or another, so I hadn't seen Wesley (now my husband) before, at least I didn't think I did. Turns out we had met before, briefly. It was on June 8th, 2012, and his first time seeing The Steepwater Band at the House of Blues in Chicago. We were both in the photographers pit shooting Steepwater. Flash forward a couple of years, and I see the back of my head in his blog of that night.

 If you'd like to see it, here's a link, I'm in photo # 74  :
http://wesleybushby.blogspot.com/2012/06/steepwater-band-house-of-blues-chicago.html


We didn't even speak to each other, just politely stayed out of each others way. It was my first time in a photo pit, and I was nervous and concentrating. Plus I didn't know the rules. You are only allowed in the pit for the first three songs. Oops.

So anyway, after seeing him at the benefit, I started "stalking" him on Facebook. As a matter of fact, I first saw a band called The Robots because of him (later on, I found out they also played at the benefit). After finding out he was going to a gig of theirs, I decided to go. Yes, to see him. But he happened not to go that night. I did like the band though, and added them to my list of local bands that I like to support. 

As time went on, I did see him at a few different shows. Then finally, on March 29th of this year, at another Robots show, it happened. By this time we were friends, and I really liked him. But I am shy, I've never made "the first move". Well, that night, he did. In a big way, at least to me. Toward the end of the evening, we were sitting next to each other and suddenly, his arms were around me, holding on and not letting go. It was wonderful. As we got to know each other more, we learned of the things we have in common. Love of music, photography, and Doctor Who, to mention a few. We both love Doctor Who so much, we had a Whovian wedding. Nothing conventional or commercialized for us!! Just a simple ceremony with friends and family, then pizza lunch afterwards. And of course, we went to a Steepwater show in Chicago that night.

So this is the beginning of my happily ever after. I will not call it a fairy tale ending, because it doesn't end. Life, and love, are journeys. And my journey has recently become so much better... I never knew a heart could be so filled with love. This is what we chose to be read for our ceremony, it fits us so well:

MY LOVE
~ Linda Lee Elrod ~

When I met you, I had no idea
how much my life
was about to be changed...
but then, how could I have known?

A love like ours happens
once in a lifetime.
You were a miracle to me,
the one who was everything
I had ever dreamed of,
the one I thought existed
only in my imagination.

And when you came into my life,
I realized that what I
had always thought
was happiness
couldn't compare to the joy
loving you brought me.

You are a part of everything
I think and do and feel,
and with you by my side,
I believe that anything is possible.
(this day) gives me a chance
to thank you for the miracle of you...
you are, and always will be,
the love of my life.




Between Wes and myself, more photos will be added of our wonderful day. You can find his blog here: http://wesleybushby.blogspot.com/

He will probably get to it before I do. He's been blogging for a while, whereas I'm just getting started. 

I want to thank everyone that was there on our special day. It meant a lot to us to be able share it with you.  I also want to think all of my friends and family for all the love and well wishes.  


Until next time,

Be open to love and enjoy your journey.








1 comment:

  1. How wonderful and perfect. I've never heard the whole story. I love it. I'm so happy for you and Wes. ❤️

    ReplyDelete