Sunday, October 26, 2014

Jeff Massey at Harlem Ave Lounge



 What can I say about Jeff? A lot. He's my favorite guitar player and has been for a long time. If you haven't had the privilege of seeing him in person, be sure to put it on your bucket list. Yes, he's that good. Many of my friends already know I'm a huge fan of his, and of The Steepwater Band, which he sings and plays in. And if you haven't seen Steepwater yet, put that on your bucket list as well. They ROCK!! What do they play? Good ol' American rock n' roll with a dash of delta blues and a pinch of old school country feel!
 Every once in a while he does a solo acoustic show at The Harlem Ave Lounge, which a great venue for live blues. I used to go whenever he played there, but life happens, and I hadn't been in a very long time. Well, life has brought me back to a place where I can go again, and I did just that. 




 Jeff (and the rest of Steepwater) is like family to me, a brother that I don't see very often. So I was so happy to make it this time around to see him. His acoustic shows are powerful and full of emotion. He really feels the moment. You won't hear a song the same way twice from Jeff, at least not like this. He plays a great mix of blues covers and original music. And for me, his original music is what is so powerful. When he plays The World Keeps Moving On in this setting, it fills me with emotion. I actually cried the first time I heard him play it here. But that's me, I feel music, I don't just hear it.


 The photo below would be my husband, also taking photos and video. Check out his blog of Jeff at www.wesbushby.comI did some video, but it takes forever to upload. lol







 Jeff is an amazing guitar player, once you witness this, you get hooked. I've taken people to see him and Steepwater, and they become instant fans. So seriously, if you're a music fan, do yourself a favor and catch Jeff and/or The Steepwater Band, as soon as you can. You won't be disappointed. 

















** ALL Photos on this blog are property of Christi Bushby, copyrighted and protected as such by law. Please see my copyright page for details and/or permissions of use.









No comments:

Post a Comment