Sunday, April 7, 2019

The Steepwater Band @ Vegetable Buddies


Hello visitors and friends! Life has been (and still is) a bit crazy for me as of lately. I haven't been out to see my musician friends as much as I would like to, or posting many blogs. But I wasn't gonna miss this one, and I was also able to take my mom, who had a great time! Many of you know, and some of you don't, that The Steepwater Band is my favorite band. Like, my #1. Over ALL other bands. I've been following them since about 2003, and I have so many stories and fond memories of and with them. These guys are my friends. I consider them family. And I will ALWAYS support them, even if I'm not at as many shows as I used to be. 

If you don't know The Steepwater Band, you should (I say this every time I post about them, because it's true). There's been a few member changes over the years, but the sound has never faltered. It seems each new member fits just as well as the last. And with each new member, there is a sense of renewal. A breath of fresh air, some new electricity.. And soon, we'll be getting a new album. How exciting! I've heard and read their music described in different ways, to me its just good music. But I'm not a label kind of person. If I like it, that's all that matters to me. If you need a description, I'd go with blues infused rock n roll. Some songs are great to just sit and take in, others are meant to be danced to. 

The Steepwater band has gathered a very strong fan base over the years. If we are anything, we are loyal. They've toured all over the world, and the Facebook fan group has the members to show it. (There's a link at the bottom of the blog)
Sadly, I missed many shows for a few years. As we all know, life happens. But my love for this band will never fade. Every time I get to see them again, It's like I never missed a beat, but the beat has only improved with age.. I've been lucky enough to be one of the ones that has witnessed their growth over the years, and it has been an amazing journey. As long as these guys keep playing, I'll be there, even if its just in spirit. But I always prefer it to be in person... 

On with the photos..




























What I like about the one below.. I happened to catch both Eric and Jeff with their arms up, after rockin a cord..
































In the following set of photos of Joe, I wasn't looking through my camera. I was just taking a chance, holding the camera low, and shooting.
There was a mic stand in front of him, and from where I was seated, it made shooting him a bit tricky. It's not as easy to get up from certain positions as it used to be, ya know.. lol...


















































This may be odd for a last photo, I think it would usually be a full band shot...But I like to keep things in order. And after this one, I started dancing..



Links to The Steepwater Band:

You can find the Facebook fan group, 
The Steepwater Band - Gathering of the High & Humble
(named after a Steepwater song)

Links for Vegetable Buddies:




** ALL photos on this blog are property of Christi Bushby, copyrighted and protected as such by law. Please see my copyright page for details and/or permissions of use. 


Please feel free to share my blog! There are social media buttons on the bottom left for your convenience!

Support local music and the arts!!

"The earth without art is just eh..."






1 comment: