Monday, March 9, 2015

Orchid Show

This was my first time at Chicago Botanic Garden, we went for the second annual Orchid Show. It was beautiful. Just what I needed as far as some nature. I overheard an employee telling a visitor there are 10,000 orchids!! If you have a chance, I highly recommend going. The show runs Feb 14th to March 15th, there's just a few days left for this year, if you can't make it, mark it on your calendar for next year!

As we walked from the entrance and outside to the building that housed the show, I could tell by looking around that I really want to go back to enjoy the gardens in nicer weather. I can see myself spending a day photographing there. 






























 I love moss. It holds special memories for me of going to Alabama to visit my grandparents every summer as a child.

 I thought this was a cool topiary, we thought it might be a dragonfly. 

 I wanted to have a person in the photo to show the size of the hanging plant. So as you can see, it was HUGE!























I think the last photo is my favorite. It looks like something alive coming at you instead of a flower..



1000 Lake Cook Road
Glencoe, IL 60022
Main: (847) 835-5440



** ALL photos on this blog are property of Christi Bushby, copyrighted and protected as such by law. Please see my copyright page for details and/or permissions of use. 




No comments:

Post a Comment