Thursday, March 19, 2015

Wizard World Raleigh, Where I met David Tennant!





It wasn't my first Comic Con, I went several years ago to one in Chicago. Unfortunately, I wasn't the photographer I am now. I did not back up those photos either, so that con is just a memory. Well, not this time! This one was way too special, because I met my first, and favorite, Doctor! My favorite original series Doctor would be Tom Baker. Before I go on, I'd like to thank my husband (a Whovian himself) who made this all possible, and even made the 12+ hour drive with me, just so I wouldn't be alone. He is also a photographer, and took lots of cosplayer photos. You can fine his blog here. He has a dayjob, so his won't be up as quick as mine, but it'll be worth looking at, I promise. 

It was a long trip, through places that were new to us, so being photographers, we wanted to explore, so I only was at the con on Saturday. If you're a cosplayer that was in the contest and want a good quality photo of yourself (the ones here are resized smaller to load faster onto the blog) shoot me an email and I email it to you. I only ask for photo credit if you share it on social media. Now, on to the photos...



 I was so excited and nervous to meet David Tennant, I didn't take a lot of photos while in the photo line. But I had to get one of this adorable Doctor.

But as I got closer in the autograph line, well....







 And here he is, signing my photo. I met Billie, Noel, and Camille last Thanksgiving weekend at Chicago Tardis. So awesome to have them all sign it! I had him sign it to me and my husband, it was the least I could do.


My signed photo... 





A few random con photos...











I was lucky enough to meet James, and get an autograph, when I was at the con in Chicago.

It was really cool to see William Shatner, even though I couldn't get an autograph this time around. Maybe next time...

And John Schneider, do I really need to say anything here? lol





Super happy she was NOT looking at me. lol


Next is photos from the David Tennant panel, I'm going to call it "The Many Faces of David Tennant". He is such a character and was so funny....































More random con photos...
This was the second Tennant photograph session for the day..That line is about 8 rows deep.







Cassandra Petterson, a.k.a. Elvira...



Sean Astin, from Goonies, Rudy, and Lord of the Rings, to name a few.

The next few photos are of Critical Hit. Jason Hayes is a composer and writes a lot of music for video games. I apologize for not having any photos of the drummer, I was not in the right spot for any good photos of him.















And now, the cos play contest. The hosts were Zack and Slater, well, supposed to be. lol





Among the judges was Jason David Frank, he was HILARIOUS!

The first contestant was, of course, The Doctor!









































This was hilarious! The guy fell on purpose, it was part of the act, But Jason didn't realize it and kept trying to help him up. His friends finally dragged him back off stage, also part of the act.










                                          And he's up!!

This is the group, "The Wizard of Oz Gone Wrong", hence, his fall.. lol















I really liked her cos play, she was Gadget from The Rescue Rangers. Original and awesome!







It's nice when a cos player takes a few minutes for their character and I'm able to get some decent photos. 














I know a few friends that will love this Invader Zim! 











If you look at what they're looking at, there's actually smoke coming out of his ghost trap! Pretty cool!




























Dude actually broke out singing "Ooh Child..." lol








The next four photos were of a surprise proposal between Wolverine and Dark Phoenix. Nice!





She said YES! 







He looked so much like the real deal, and I love the reaction from guys behind him! lol




































I thought this one was cool. Her shoes are high heels with the heels broke off, and wood blocks attached to them. She said they weren't hard to walk in at all. 







I loved these two, really cute Mario and Peach idea! everyone cracked up!





Really good Mr. Freeze!







Nice and creepy Silent Hill group.





Jason goofing around...





                                               
















               OOD!!! (Doctor Who fans Know)



I honestly don't remember what character she was supposed to be, but I thought it was only fair to include her... And her pup is cute :-) 





Not sure of his character, but the work was incredible. 







More great work. All leather and handmade by her. Great detailing.









  


          Another great original idea, Judy Jetson!! 

















More goofing Jason... lol















                                      

                                              TARDIS!!!!



Cute idea, a live comic book....







LOVED this kid, what a character!!





Another TARDIS!! So nice to see Doctor Who represented so well in the contest. But with David Tennant being at the con... well....


















They told Vashta Nerada (Doctor Who villian) that having the the Doctor sign her helmet doesn't count. lol









Original character called Beelzebub. VERY nice work!!! 



























I apologize for anyone I missed during the contest. Sometimes, contestants just move a little too fast across the stage, lol.

Again, if you are a cos player and would like a high quality photo of yourself, just email me and I will be happy to send you one!!




New Whovian swag.... Woohoo!!














All in all, it was a very well run inaugural con for Raleigh, and a very nice crowd. I'm sure they'll be more cons in their future. I hope you enjoyed my photos, thanks for stopping by!







** ALL photos on this blog are property of Christi Bushby, copyrighted and protected as such by law. Please see my copyright page for details and/or permissions of use. 












No comments:

Post a Comment