Thursday, July 16, 2015

Greg Ashby & Friends

 So every Wednesday, something wonderful happens, right here in Northwest Indiana. Dyer, to be exact. Amazingly talented musicians and friends get together for our enjoyment and theirs. Led, and hosted, by Greg Ashby from the band The Unstoppables. He has a special guest sit in every week.  I've known of Greg through other musician friends, and all I can say is, I wish I had seen him much sooner!! He has such a wonderful voice. I love to watch him sing, you can see the emotion on his face, feel his connection with the songs. Add a great variety of region musicians, and a good time is guaranteed. I've only been twice so far (I need a clone, lol), but I do plan on returning. The first night that I went was my friend Jennifer's birthday celebration, and what a turnout she had!  Trust me when I say, this is a night that you want to catch sometime. You never know who will drop by and sit in....


** There are a few links at the bottom of this blog, please check them out, and support local music!





























































 These were from my second visit. My friend Chris Grove was guesting on keys.




























Finnegans Pub




** ALL photos on this blog are property of Christi Bushby, copyrighted and protected as such by law. Please see my copyright page for details and/or permissions of use. 


Please feel free to share my blog! There are social media buttons on the bottom left for your convenience! 

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more! I have seen Greg and his friends on several occasions at different venues and have never been disappointed. Greg connects with his music and audience with great passion, style and even humor. Go see Him!

    ReplyDelete