Thursday, March 9, 2017

Hammond Indiana's 219 Day Celebration






Life has been busy, so I'm a little late with this one... but better late than never...

This was the second year for the party celebrating being from "da region". Hailing from the Hessville part of Hammond myself, and spending all of my life in the "219" just about makes this a must do event. Nothing like a party to celebrate being a "Region Rat"! There's even a proclamation from the Mayor himself for the day! 
 Beer, food (White Castle is a must) and local bands and performers were all on hand to party "219" style!  You could take a swing at a rat pinata, join an arm wrestling competition, get a temporary rat tattoo from The Tattoo Lady, take some goofy pics in a photo booth or ride a bucking bronco (sorry, no bronco photos, lol)... 
At the bottom are links to the performers as well as the 219 Day website.

At least one rat was popular tonight (you'll see what I mean farther below)...


Stormy Weather was up first, sorry I wasn't earlier to get more photos...





Rico Hampton as Micheal Jackson. He was pretty good with the crowd...













He even brought up some "guest dancers" 










And came down and joined the crowd...



 Hammond's Mayor Tom McDermott tossing out freebies...


The next band up was Bonfire, a region AC/DC tribute band. Some talented musicians in this group for sure!! ( I may be a little biased since they are friends of mine, lol) 











































Not to brag, but I had to take these through a door window behind the stage. The drummers are always the hardest to photo... lol











I always find my friends...


And then... the rat massacre... poor guy... lol 



































And who doesn't love freebies? 





All that remains of Sir Rat....



And back by popular demand, this year's headliner, Dick Diamond & The Dusters...
I was pretty pooped at this point or I would have gotten more photos of them. Always a crowd favorite!














** ALL photos on this blog are property of Christi Bushby, copyrighted and protected as such by law. Please see my copyright page for details and/or permissions of use. 

Please feel free to share my blog! There are social media buttons on the bottom left for your convenience!

Support local music and the arts!!

"The earth without art is just eh..."


No comments:

Post a Comment