Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Livin' It Up Music Fest (for Porter County Special Olympics)


I know I'm a bit behind on this, it's a busy time for me.. So I'll get right to it.
Livin' It Up Music Fest is the brain child of radio personality John King. He has a personal investment in Special Olympics with his daughter, so he wanted to give something back, and Livin' It Up was born. This was the eighth year for the fest, which is always popular, and a great time. 

I didn't get there in time for the first act, Hot Rod Heathens, but there is a link provided at the bottom along with the other performers... On to the photos...


Frank Ruvoli...



Our host, John King...













Time to thank the sponsors...


Dj Andy Petrovich on the right...



Next up, The Newports...

Double Duty Man.. Mark Rongers is with The Newports, and is the sound man for the whole event!

Raffles and items for sale.. All proceeds from the fest goes to Porter County Special Olympics!




This years Special Olympic athletes!


I took quite a few photos of the next group, The Blues Project, as there are a lot of rotating members. The Blues Project is a youth educational music program that passes the music and history of the blues on to future generations. These kids are pretty awesome too!






























Here comes Ripley Street! 











Valpo's own, Chris & Lou Band! (Or for today, The Chris & Lou Beatles Experience)... 





When covering The Beatles, "A Little Help From My Friends" is welcomed! Another Valpo legend, Chad Clifford (of Front Porch Music and The Crawpuppies) joins in, along with Mark Rongers.. 
(FYI, another wonderful music fest is coming to Valpo on Sunday July 29th.. Brought to us by Chad himself! Click here for more info)



Cousins having fun... and I'm sure they are also future musicians...



Did you catch John's FB live videos?



This might explain why I'm sure they are future musicians.. Cousin dancing with their Opa. I love photographing these moments...





And last, but not least, Chicago Bonfire...





Father and son.. I know, they look more like brothers!





Double Duty Man on the job...

When the guitarist stands next to your chair... lol



Zeke rockin' with a happy fan...













I want to personally say thanks to John, and everyone that donates their time to make this possible. It's fun for us, but more importantly, it's for a very worthy cause.. Thank you..
And if you missed it, I hope you can join us next year. You won't regret it!


Facebook Links:




(Performers in order of appearance) 







(AC/DC tribute band)







** ALL photos on this blog are property of Christi Bushby, copyrighted and protected as such by law. Please see my copyright page for details and/or permissions of use. 


Please feel free to share my blog! There are social media buttons on the bottom left for your convenience!

Support local music and the arts!!



"The earth without art is just eh..."


No comments:

Post a Comment