Monday, August 6, 2018

Digital Hair Dance Party!


My friend Chad Cifford (The Crawpuppies, MegaBeatles, and all around busy guy.. and no, that's not him in the above photo, lol) was going to be playing with his former high school band, Digital Hair, in Valpo and I was wanting to see them, since I grew up in the 80's as well. This turned out to be a great night to go, even though there was a light rain most of the evening. It actually made for a few nice photos. And it turned out, some other musician friends were playing at Elements Wine Bar, which was within walking distance from the pavilion that Digital Hair was playing at. So it turned out to be quite a nice evening in Valpo for me. Enough to make me realize how much I miss living there....

Most of the photos were taken at Central Park Plaza and the pavilion that is there (including the one above), unless indicated otherwise...



First, a little insight to why I want to have a native plant garden in our yard, not only is it good for wildlife (including birds and bugs), it's good for the ground water and ecosystem... But that's another story..

I love the downtown area of Valpo, there's cute and unique shops and restaurants, and there's always people, but it's never too crowded, except during Popcorn Fest... lol

Time for some music!







This is Michelle, Chad's wife. Not only is a Chad a busy musician, he also owns Front Porch Music in Valpo. And Michelle is amazingly supportive of him. She's pretty awesome herself in my book!



A nice place to relax next to the pavilion...

And the dancing has begun!

As the sun went down, I noticed the nice lighting in the trees around the pavilion...





















When Digital Hair took a break, I walked over to see some more friends at Elements Wine Bar.. I took the next two photos on the way there..




Playing at Elements on this night was The Newports, another amazing band.. Mark (the lead singer) is another musician friend. If you get a chance, go see this band, you won't regret it!! My husband did a blog about them, I'll post a link at the bottom of this blog...





Back to the park as the rain falls...



I liked the way everything looked in and after the rain and took a few photos..

Michelle's gettin' her groove on...

This photo illustrates what I enjoyed most about Digital Hair. While I loved the music, it was seeing, and knowing the band was also having a great time... My best friend and I have always said this about our musician friends... it's wonderful that they share their talent with us, but it's better knowing they're having fun as well...



























A couple more rain shots...









After the dance party was over, I headed back over to Elements for a few. The band was pretty much done for the night, so I just took some random photos and chatted with some friends....

This is Tiny.. One of the coolest and kindest dude's in Valpo.. He's like me in that everyone knows him.. lol

I loved the vibe in this place. I definitely want to go back to Elements, and hopefully with my hubby, I think he'd dig it too..

The last few photos are of the flowers growing along the short fence around Elements patio. Like I said, I really dig this place...













And you can visit my husband's blog post on The Newports here.

Thanks for stopping by! More blogs coming soon, including Front Porch Music Fest! 


** ALL photos on this blog are property of Christi Bushby, copyrighted and protected as such by law. Please see my copyright page for details and/or permissions of use. 


Please feel free to share my blog! There are social media buttons on the bottom left for your convenience!

Support local music and the arts!!


"The earth without art is just eh..."



1 comment: